The benefits of breastfeeding
- How often should I breastfeed my baby?
- Newborn babies often want to feed:
- What is the benefits of breastfeeding?
- Breast milk provides ideal nutritions for infants. It has perfect mixture of vitamins, fats and protein - everything your baby needs to grow.
- Skin to skin touching and eye contact help your baby bond with you and feel secure.
Breast milk contains antibodies that help your baby fight off viruses and bacteria.
Breast milk lowers your baby's risk of having asthma, allergies. - Breastfeeding has been linked to higher IQ scores in later childhood in some studies.
Breastfed infants more likely to gain right weight as they go along rather than becoming overweight.